Pages

BHAGAT NAMDEV

revered devotee of Vithal, Saint Namdev a tower of inspiration and tornado of devotion
BHAGAT NAMDEV



Today I remember the most modest of all saints.

I seek inspiration from his life to imbibe his qualities and thereby bless myself. Whereas the physical eyes look outward the divine eye is turned inward. In the tranquility of my mind I endeavor to go beyond to see that which is 
  1.  अचिन्त्य 
  2.  अव्यक्त 
  3. अनन्तरूप 
  4. शिव 
  5. प्रशांत 
  6. अमृत 
  7. ब्रम्हयोनि 
  8. आधी, मध्य, अंत विहीन 
  9. एक 
  10. विभु 
  11. चिदानंद 
  12. अद्भुत 


I earnestly strive to imbibe his qualities within while I work in the world outside.

Who is he whose fragrance of devotion fills my heart and  rises to my head to lofty heights of serene meditation? He is a boy born to an humble tailor. His heart overflowed with devotion reaching unsurpassed pinnacle in humility and sincerity. This man is revered even today as the supreme devotee bhakt shiromani Shri Namdev Maharaj. Saint Namdev, whose heart was softer than butter Pandurang from Pandharpur to Guman in Punjab. The picture above shows him as a Sikh (ਭਗਤ ਨਾਮਦੇਵ ਜੀ). Bhagat Namdev is revered by all Sikhs. Saint Namdev's verses are incorporated in the holy Guru Granth Sahib. Born a century before Saint Kabir, Namdev is a contemporary of Saint Dynaneshwar. Saint Namdev's odes narrate the heart wrenching event of samadhi of the great prodigy, Saint Dnyaneshwar.

 Let the simplicity, purity and humility of Saint Namdev keep me inspired. May the spring of love for the eternal flow through me to the world around me.
 My Prayers Today:
May we be all blessed with the divine qualities of my beloved Saint Namdev.


Acknowledgement Image Courtesy Copyright http://santnamdev.com/hist.htm

No comments: