Pages

What is my life's purpose? Why was I born and what did I come here to do



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: RAM <ram.u@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Oct 10, 2007 5:16 PM
Subject: What is my life's purpose? Why was I born and what did I come here to do
To: Undisclosed-Recipient

At some point most of us have wondered, "What is my life's purpose? Why was I born and what did I come here to do?" These timeless questions come from the depths of our true Self, which gently takes us beyond the world of appearances to discover our inner divinity. Each of us manifests in physical form to fulfill a unique purpose – our dharma – and it's up to us to find out what that purpose is. Only then can we experience complete fulfillment and bliss.
 
When you live in the harmonious flow of dharma, the entire field of pure potentiality opens to you. You're able to create as much happiness and wealth as you want because you're aligned with the domain of spirit, the unlimited source of all manifestation.

The Law of Dharma lays out the three steps needed to align with spirit and fulfill your life's purpose with effortless ease.

  1. The first step is the decision to seek your higher Self. You come into this world to discover for yourself that your essential nature is spiritual. Inside each of us is a god or goddess in embryo, waiting to be born and express our divinity.
  2. The second step of the Law of Dharma is finding your unique talent or gift. The law says that there's at least one thing you can do better than anyone else on the entire planet. When you're completely absorbed in expressing your talent, time seems to stand still. You love what you're doing and you enter the blissful state of timeless awareness.
  3. To take the third step of the Law of Dharma, ask yourself the questions, "How can I use my unique talent to serve humanity? How can I help others?" Answer that question and then put it into practice. When your creative expression helps your fellow human beings, you're making full use of the Law of Dharma and experience perfect alignment with the infinite field of intelligence.

When you put the Law of Dharma into action, you no longer struggle or worry and instead begin to experience your life as an ecstatic expression of divinity. An ancient Vedic sage described the natural unfolding of spirit in these beautiful words: "I am the immeasurable potential of all that was, is, and will be, and my desires are like seeds left in the ground: they wait for the right season and then spontaneously manifest into beautiful flowers and might trees, into enchanted gardens and majestic forests."

Love,
Deepak

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is Dharma?
Thank you ram, Thanks Deepak for contributing to amrutvani.blogspot.com.

I am commenting about
what I understand.
1]
'Only then can we experience complete fulfillment and bliss,'this indicates the purpose of life, which you have termed 'Dharma'.
It is true, no one prays for sorrow. Whatever goal a person strives for be it, wealth, fame or revenge, s/he does it ultimately for 'happiness.'

As I see it, the 'Law of Dharma,' that you mentioned is like the 'Law of gravity'. Whether you like it or not they operate for every individual.

I would like more elaboration on the why of "1. The first step_ _ ."

With prem and Om,